Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A wintery day.

This past weekend I went on a knitting retreat with my LYS. We went to Autumn House Farm. I talked a little bit about it on my other blog. I have a flickr set with some photos if you're interested. Aside from the ones I am showing you here. Some of my photos didn't turn out something with my camera hiccuping. We got to get up close and personal with the sheep and learned how they care for them (the industry side of it) We also got to shop at the store. We also met with a weaver who works there also She designs some beautiful things. I had her card and all that info ready to share but I'm not sure what happened to it. (I'll look for it)
We had a lot of fun. (well i did that's for sure)

While there I finished my Tilted Duster. I used the called for Berroco Peruvia and I love the yarn . it's super soft and knits beautifully. The pattern said i would need around 9 skeins but really I only used 8. so that's a good thing. I found some ceramic buttons at joann's for the sweater. I blocked the sweater and it was finally dry this afternoon so I dragged my DH outside for a photo op! (it was a tad cold) I'll be taking it in to the store to stay for a while. I'm sure the more people look and feel that sweater the more will want to make it.
Now I'm on to my Christmas presents. I'm currently working on some Star Wars Amigurumi's. Starting with Princess Leia. off to work!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Looks like a fun time! It's always nice to get away for a little 'me' time. Your tilted duster looks lovely!

Life's a Stitch said...

Love the tilted duster. I'm far more likely to take on a project when there is a sample displayed.

Anonymous said...

Your duster makes me want to knit that now! great job!

Pamela Foreman said...

It looks great! Glad you had a good time away.