Monday, December 13, 2004

monday movie and game night

I didn’t get to knit as much as I would’ve liked today……but I did get other stuff done though. LOL I guess that’s good. I’ve still got a lot to get done. I mailed my hubby a package today the last one I’m allowed to send. L but that just means he’ll soon be home…..whenever that is. Not that I would tell anyone on the net anywho….not good OPSEC (operational security for all you non military LOL we use a lot of acronyms! Way too many.). I did do the dishwasher today and I hate doing that. I also got some laundry done…HMM maybe I should not knit more often.. WHAT am I saying! LOL I’ve just got to have some discipline and do both. I try but then I get so caught up. I’m either on the net or knitting in my free time, I should really try sleeping. My friends and I have been walking again. (we did before I got prego and then during the pregnancy then we stopped for a while) so we recently like this week started again. there’s a bunch of us… like 5 or so ladies plus our youngins. so that’s good exercise. I’m waiting for my Pilates DVD’s that I ordered. Hopefully they’ll get here soon I wanna work on my ‘core’ before andy gets home. Lets just say it’s not what it used to be. It’s been so cold here though I just wish it would snow already. I want a white Christmas! Speaking of Christmas I’m really going to miss my family this year. Of course I have my wonderful friends and my closest friend Kelly is having “Christmas at Kelly’s” we’re all going over there for dinner and fun and sleeping over so we can have a big “family” Christmas morn…..it should be great. We’re also going to make Jesus a b-day cake on Christmas eve and sing happy b-day to him then open presents on Christmas day. It should be really fun. But like I said I’m still going to miss the fam….. I keep telling myself next year we’ll be home and we can do the family thing for the rest of our lives. Just make it thru this year (we’ll be separating from the military when andy gets back)
That’s me doing the happy dance right there Don’t look it’s pretty scary! LOL
Is anyone even reading this? Who knows but its sooo nice to journal and just blab and blab.
Anyways today during the movie I was working on a scarf for Kelly I’m using white yarn and some fancy frilly yarn that changes colors from white to grey to dark grey. It’s looking pretty good. I’ll try adding a pix. I’m still not sure how to do that in my message. I’ll figure it out one day.
Which I meant to apologize at the beginning I’m still really new to this whole blogspot.com thing and I’m not sure how to do everything. I’ll figure it out eventually! I’m going to try putting it in the text already and see if that works. We’ll see. I’m sure you do b/c you’re looking at the site right now and well anyways duh I’ll shut up now. LOL anyways this is getting long
I think the scarf is turning out well don’t ya’ll? It looks a little blueish. Well it’s really grey and white. I had originally tried pink for the base yarn but I really didn’t like how it was turning out so I restarted using the white. It looks so much better. Well baby crying gotta go

1 comment:

Amy said...

I know what you mean about the balancing act between knitting and everything else! LOL
Great to hear your hubby will be home soon!
I remember those holidays when we were away from family...so hard. But great memories too!
I think you are doing a great job at this blogging stuff - soon you'll be so comfortable at it that it will be second nature! :)