Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Kickin it like bruce lee

Image Hosted by Photo Hostingany of you who know me personally know that that title came from hanging with my DH way too much. EEK, Image Hosted by Photo HostingI'm starting to talk, gasp even more, think like him! (Image Hosted by Photo Hostingnot that it's bad though)...LOL anyways after my woes of starting a toe up sock for my Sock pal... and i found this wonderful site with some tips on knitting short row toes/heels without holes! it rocks! check what i've made since yesterday!

I'm just rocking it out! i've got about an inch till i start the heel... oh here's a close up of the pattern.. lovely isn't it?

I'm really liking the colors they're bright and colorful and yummy! that Koolaid dyed yarn rocks! I'm so going to have to make my self some socks outta it.. it's super soft! and fun to knit up! (here's where i got the yarn) i got the koolaid at the grocery store... i've got some of the worsted weight to dye yet... i've been waiting for some projects to get done... but knitting with this stuff is making me itch to dye it...
anyways.. i also came across this neato site from my amigurumi along so much inspiration! just look at it all! I'm thinking up a pattern right now! LOL oh and i ran into this fab crochet site/forum on someone's blog but i can't remember who's if it was you Thanks... well that's it for now
have a great day!

8 comments:

Jack and Nicholas said...

Wow, that is a great sock. Thanks for coming by my site today to give me a little positive note. It was much appreciated.

Catherine Kerth said...

dani, sent me some yarn to dye (as you saw) it turned out great! i am ordering the worsted weight also to dye and make the hourglass sweater! love the colors on your sock!

Christine said...

I so love your sock... all i can say is wow!

Home's Jewels said...

Love the sock pattern and especially the colors. You did that with Kool-Aid? How many different colors did you use? I am so inspired to try it myself!

Anonymous said...

That is some awesome sock yarn!When I started reading this post, I immediately though it was koigu, and scrolled down to find out what color you used. I was shocked to find out you'd dyed them yourself. You did an amazing dye job!

Jenn said...

What beautiful socks! I love the colors!

Ms. Lance-a-lot said...

Amazing, now you're competing with Koigu! Beautiful socks, are they mine?

The Stitchin' Sheep said...

That has to be the best Kool Aid dye job I've ever seen. Beautiful colors. Something I'll have to strive for. I've got plenty of that same sock yarn to work with.

And, the cables are great.