Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Red and Green

Today was the first day of Awanas at our church. This year they're doing a new program called Puggles for the younger kiddos. which works out for me since the bead has been wanting to go to awana's since last year. The bub is in T&T, this is her first year in this club. She's excited as she gets to see her older friends this year. Next week the ladies are going to start their bible study. We're going to be doing A woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George. I'm excited about it. The book is one of my fave's. I'm praying it goes well.

The other day I had the urge to can something. So I got some peppers and made some sweet hot pepper jelly. I think it tastes better with the red and green peppers, i did try to make it all green once but it tasted weird. So I stick with what I like. it's my fave served over cream cheese with triscuts! I brought some in to the ladies i work with, they were very appreciative. I also made some salsa... but it's gone now, b/c it was sooooo good!

OK i need some help here, I'm not sure what is going on. The bead is almost three and she's always gone to bed really well. that is until about 2 weeks or so ago. now she works herself up into a fit and screams and cries "MOMMY, MOMMY I WANT YOU, MOMMY MOMMY I NEED YOU MOMMY MOMMY" it just breaks my heart. I'm not sure what's going on. I've been doing the same routine lately. we read a story and I sing 2 songs and tuck her in and play some songs on the CD player and leave. She works herself up into that crying sucking in for air cry. Seriously it makes me cry. I'm not sure what is going on. any help?
Thank you for your help! I hope someone has experience with this type of thing. I appreciate everything!

2 comments:

The MacKay Way said...

Yum!!! Sweet hot pepper jelly!! Oooh -- now I want to can!! The timing of my trip this year is right through harvest season!! Perhaps the 2nd weekend in October I'll take a car (zipcar.com) and zoom off to an orchard. I was hoping to can a ton of tomatos...but I think I'll surely have missed that season! Nothing like home canned tomatos in January to make homemade sauce with! Yum!

Life's a Stitch said...

My daughter went through a time where she didn't want to sleep alone. That kid slept on the floor in the hall, outside our room, for a period of time. It was OK. She felt safe and eventually got over it.

Our first, at two, started having slep problems. Turns out something was bothering her but she didn't have the language skills to tell us. When she finally got it out, her sleep became normal again.

Good luck, hoepfully it's temporary.
Li