Wednesday, April 1, 2009

OWL complete!

I had so much fun with the Harry Potter Knitting/Crochet House Cup that I signed up again for this term. If you'd like to try it out here's the ravelry link. If you do sign up tell them StarKnits referred you. I'd appreciate it!
and on to my fabulous sweater...
I had the bub take a photo of me wearing it since my DH was at work. (she actually stood on the outside chair) And, of course as I've finished this awesome sweater it's getting warmer out.. bummer huh? I'm hoping for a little bit of cold weather next week (after it's dry from blocking) so that I can wear it at least one day. The pattern is #28 Vihervaara-huppari by Mari Muinonen was in the Fall '08 Vouge Knitting magazine, actually there's about 5 or more patterns in that magazine that I want to make.
the pattern was for a hoodie but as you can see I didn't make a hood. I figured it would cover the fabulous cable and I'd never use it so I modified it.
I also "fixed" the front so the placket neck wasn't so low and I don't need buttons either. I think the next time I make this sweater I'll use worsted weight yarn and carry the cable up the arm a bit more. If you 'd like to see my modifications check out my ravelry project page, I typed them out there.
For this sweater I used 9 skeins of Lambs Pride Bulky. in color M-173 Wild Violet.
On to the next project!!!

No comments: