Saturday, May 28, 2005

Hey Secret Pal

I've gotten my SP5 name and I've also gotten an email from my SP! already! and i've been slacking this weekend in posting! well yesterday i said good bye to my close friend Kelly. she's moving back to the states.
SNIF. it's so hard to see good friends go. so enough of the excuses here's my survey sorry i'm such a slacker!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Well let’s just say that I like yarn that is soft to the touch and feel good on the skin. So touch it first and if you’d like it next to your skin than I’m sure I probably would. Most of the red heart is scratchy. Lion brand isn’t so bad. Their super saver stuff is out though.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I do crochet. I would like to learn how to spin also!
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Nope
4. How long have you been knitting?
A little over a year ago is when i caught the bug....
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
yes there’s a link on my blog…. Not a cool button but a link. :)
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Well I like, vanilla, vanilla berry, sugar cookie, choc chip cookie. For candles
For bath products I’m pretty picky
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes I love peanut butter with chocolate and coconut with chocolate, toffee and chocolate
Are we seeing a theme here?

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Pretty much anything. I like to do things with my hands. I’ve gotta get off my butt and make one of those pretty needle roll’s I keep seeing all over the place.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like most music.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like most colors . The other day I saw some beautiful brown but I also like bright colors!
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have one husband, 2 daughters (5 and 8 months) and one cat.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
uh to raise my children to be the best them they can be. I would really love to open a yarn/coffee store with my Sister ( I love coffee and yarn! they go so well together!)
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I’m not sure, I like all yarn really!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
scratchy ones… that wouldn’t feel good to wear.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
lately I’ve been stuck collecting patterns for socks and I’m working on my first pair. And I have been getting TONS of sock yarn. Also booties for my DD#2 b/c they knit up super quick! And I love felted bags.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
anything really I just love knitting.
17. What are you knitting right now?
a miss dashwood from knittty.com, a pair of socks for a friend, a pair of booties, a ruffels scarf for a friend, I’m planning a small felted camera bag b/c if i drop my camer one more time it's going to break! eek!
18. What do you think about ponchos?
I just got done crocheting one for my DD#1
I’ve not found a pattern for myself that I like so I’ve not made one for myself
They’re nice…so to say i don't hate them... though that martha one is UGLY!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
It depends on the project. If it’s socks DPN’s if it’s a scarf sraight, if it’s a bag circular.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like bamboo and aluminum for DPN’s. for sraight I like aluminum and plastic They help me knit faster! with bamboo i feel like i'm going to snap them or something... (I’d like to try those bright colored hooks and needles from herrschners) for circ’s it depends on the join! I don’t care too much for the bad joiners b/c they catch my yarn!
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Just doing/finishing my first pair! I’m def a sock knitter!
22. How did you learn to knit?
I taught myself! I love it so much

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
A sweater I started for my DD#1 but it was so boring all that ST stitch. So It’s been sitting there for a year. I may frog it to make something else but the jury is still out on that….
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I love scooby doo. I used to watch it all the time. I don’t like the series with scrappy he’s annoying. The new ones are ok but they’re missing something….
I also LOVE sponge bob!!! It hilarious. I’m always quoting it. LOL (you know you have yonger kids when you go around quoting spongebob!)
I also like Sailor Moon. I’ve got the first series on DVD it’s something I started watching after school with my bro and sis it was the best!

25. What is your favorite holiday?
I love to give gifts! So any really! I esp like Christmas and Easter.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Does my growing yarn stash and knitting books/patterns count?
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None, I’d love to get some though….
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I do have a wish list on amazon! I’m looking for a stuffed monkey pattern that’s all long and skinny like a sock monkey. But not a sock monkey…. I’m so complicated.

No comments: