Friday, August 12, 2005

patar unga squwag

LOOK what I got in the mail!!! It's a RAOK Crane! It's awesome isn't it?
I love origami! I wish I knew how to do it! this one came from Julie. it's awesome THANK YOU! I love it! or rather Allena Unga crane! we're watching Spongebob BC (before comedy!) LOL

they other day the bub had a friend over to play.. lets take a look at what they were doing... they were letting the booty play with them which was very kind! here's a pix of them in their super secret place listening to music...

no I didn't have them in a cage. LOL they're under the table... and shall we get a closer look?
they are having sooo much fun!

wednesday I have a hankering to bake so I decided to make some bread... Thurs I too the bread to bible study and the ladies just loved it! so I thought I would share the recipes with you. I know this isn't a recipe blog but I do like to bake and cook and share recipes. bear with me or skip over it. It's up to you!
but note if you skip over it you 'll miss out on very yummy bread!
Bread is very simple but it does take some time since it's yeast and such so be patient! I don't use a bread machine b/c that's boring... and I like to get my hands dirty!

Garlic herb bread
1 c water
2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of garlic pressed or minced
1/2 c evaporated milk
1 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp rosemary
3 c bread flour

dissolve the sugar and yeast in water and let proof ( get all foamy)
mix olive oil, evo milk, salt and seasonings together add the yeast mixture. stir in the flour.
the mixture will be a little sticky don't add more than 1/2 cup more of flour if you need to... if you have a kitchen aid mixer like I do let the bread hook do the kneading for a bit..turn the dough out on to a floured surface and knead for a bit. till smooth like a baby's skin. oil a bowl and put the dough in there turning to coat. cover with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled (1 hour or so) take dough out of oiled bowl and punch down and knead a few times then put into a 9 x13 inch loaf pan cover and let rise until it's just at the top of the pan (about 35-40 min) preheat oven to 350 degrees F. bake 45 min or until golden brown and makes a hollow thump when thumped.

so if you liked that recipe i'll share my sunflower seed bread with you tomorrow... that is if you're interested.
anyways I've gotta go get dinner!
have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

Oh my that sounds so good. Perhaps I will give it a try. It will be a good exercise in will-power not to eat too much while my hubby enjoys it. Have to watch the calories, drat it! I am enjoying visiting your blog.

froggiemeanie said...

Mmmmmmmm....sunflower seeds (drooling). Please do!

Anonymous said...

lolol, why is it that everytime i visit your blog, you have food on it?!!!!! lolol. well at leats it's not the tomatoes now, lolol. my poor cravings. i was scrolling past your pics and i must say that i love the perspective from with they are taken!!! very nice job!

Catherine Kerth said...

looks like they were having fun!!! i love it when you write your recipes!!!!!!