Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Anyone up for getting rid of the pounds?

Friday I received a pot holder from one of my exchanges. It's pretty. Not so teal as the pix looks much more of a dark green! I love green and don't care tooo much for teal so that's good! it's really pretty I can't wait to use it!

I've been trying to stay off the net so I can get Katie's bags done, Katie is a friend of mine, who lives in Alaska. She also dabbles in gardening and has a blog go check her out!!! well She doesn't crochet but wants to buy the bags I made. fine with me. I'm making her 3 of them.
here's one I'm working on the handles now it's for her granddaughter...

I'm going to felt it and then two more to go....
anyways last night I was thinking and as dangerous as that may be. I came up with something I thought I would run it by all of you....
as you may have noticed there are not many pix of me around this blog... That's b/c I don't like the way I look. After 2 kids (c-sections) and poor eating habits and poor working out schedules I'm not that healthy, really I'm Fat! And I know I'm not the only one out here that wants to get rid of the excess poundage. not that sheding the pounds wouldbe the only thing to make me happy (i'm happy with my life) but i want to be healthy, i want to be able to run around with the girls and not be afraid of having a hear tattack at an early age. i want to teach my girls that they can love their bodies enough to take care of them and that has to start with me taking care of myself. and i don't think i'm the only one who feel this way am i?
so questions for you out there....
so would you be interested in doing an exchange type thing for reaching your goals at weight loss? This is what I was thinking. I know if I have someone who's asking me if I worked out I'm going to work out so I can say yes. And I like getting knitterly and crochet type things so why not combine the two? I'm saying a web ring kinda a mix between Sockapalooza and the SP's but with some twists.
Like for instance we'd get a partner who would contact us pretty much all the time to see that we're doing our exercises. (that would keep us accountable) we'd set an ultimate goal for weight loss (a reasonable one) and work toward it with smaller mini goals to reach each month or so. And as we reach our mini goals our pal would "reward" us with little gifties (yarny goodness for example) I was thinking partners for maybe 6 months or so. I know that sounds long but if we're trying to work off the weight we need to make some LONG TERM goals here.
so what do you think does that sound like a good thing? Is that something you'd be interested in? Leave me a comment and LMK!

6 comments:

Peggy said...

I only have about 10 pounds to lose (post-baby belly and a little excess in the thighs) but this sounds like a good idea and fun. I'm the type that has amazing intentions but I tend to fizzle out really quick and I'm not even sure that an accountability partner would keep me on track. I'd be willing to try my absolute best though. And seeing as it's only 10lbs, maybe I'd get them off BEFORE I fizzle out?

Mitchypoo said...

Hi, I like the idea but depending on when you start it is going to determine if i can participate. It's not bad to have a friend to cheer you on and to keep you accountable. Could be fun.

Catherine Kerth said...

good idea, would want to know more about how the goal gifties would work, but i like the accountablity part of it absolutely!!! count me in your web ring:)

Pamela Foreman said...

Sounds like a good idea! I'd join up! I would be motivated to get this weight moving more if I had someone to be accountable to. Great idea!

Moze said...

I'd be interested, but not so much in "I want to lose X lbs." as "I want to to [insert lifestyle change/foodstyle change]." To paraphrase Totie Fields (IIRC), I've lost so much weight in my life I should fit on a charm bracelet; now I want to make changes that will get me into shape and let me stay that way.

Christy said...

You can count me in. You know I've been working on my Project Fat Arse. If I could get goodies for working out and eating well, that would be even better!