Monday, January 2, 2006

What did you do yesterday?


So remember me telling you about the sale at my LYS? That was yesterday. I left here at 12:30 and got home around 4ish. I got a 30% discount on the 3 things I did actually walk away with. (does anyone else have that problem?) I walked around and around the store just touching and petting and wondering what I should get and what I should make with what I get. It was very hard trying to decide which things to bring home I finally decided on the yarn swift (of course) you can kinda see part of it. I thought I took more pix but I guess not. And a interweave Crochet magazine and then some wonderfully bright black and pink cotton yarn. I love it. I'm going to make the skirt on the cover with it. I'm super excited!
so this is a pix of the cakes I wound yesterday the bottom is the cotton I got yesterday. There was a lot of it! The others were skeins of yarn I'd yet to roll into a ball. With out a swift I always ended up tangling the yarn so now I can do it so much faster and now I can finally finish dying the yarn I bought months ago and wind it into balls/cakes. I'm super duper excited. I'm even more excited at the DEAL I got. The swift was made locally and therefore cost much less than the traditional swift. It works like a charm too! And I got the 30% off. Who here doesn't love a deal! I know I do.
with my extra moolah I got for Christmas (left over from the LYS sale) I went to Wally world and picked up some beading supplies I needed so soon I'll be back to work at beading. Very addictive!
I signed up again for the granny square exchange and I've gotten my partner and I'm off to make some g-squares. I love it it's fun! Soon I'll have enough for an afghan!
I also got my partner for winter wool I can't wait to get her yarn she sounds so wonderful I hope she enjoys what I send her!
I'm also in the process of designing a felted 1930's style hat. I hope it turns out like I want! It will look cool first I have to wait to get the rest of the yarn I thought I had enough luckily a friend can swap with me since I ran out! Thank you PAM!
anyways I'm off to be creative with dinner and then with beads and or yarn!
I'll show you pix when I'm done!
OH notice my new ticker up above! it's to help me be accountable to you readers on my journey to a smaller and healthier me! what do you think?
have a great day!

7 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The ticker at the top looks great! It was the first thing I noticed when I came to you site just now.

I love the colours of the yarn and cotten you showed...very pretty!

Can you tell me how to get the thingamajig on your sidebar that shows the progress of what you are working on? I've seen something like that on a few blogs but don't know how/where to get it.

Kelly said...

That's a great deal! I wish I could have gone with you!!! Those cakes look delicious! LOL

Love you

Maureen said...

Love the ticker (and all of the goodies). Like Shelley, I'm curious about the progress bars.

Pamela Foreman said...

Looks like you had fun! Glad you got everything on sale! You're welcome for the yarn! I'll get it in the mail tomorrow! Miss you!

Judy said...

Hi, thanks for visiting and admiring my CandyCane hats. I have to say, I love the baby alpaca yarn! Take care and blessings for the new year.

Catherine Kerth said...

your ticker caught my eye! you go girl! love the swift.. i really need to invest in one, but i am cheap.a sale is the perfect time to do it! :)

LadyLinoleum said...

I got a swift and ball winder for Christmas from my hubby. Can you say life-changing??? Oh yeah, I love it!!!!