Monday, February 20, 2006

babies and sweaters

check out this cool hat. i came across it while reading my daily reads on my christian knitters webring, at this blog (isn't her daughter the cutest?).. i love that hat. it's awesome. i'm so going to make it for the booty.. using pink and green i think.. not so many colors that they have but just the top being green and the pink as the petals... neat huh?
anyways here's my progress on the baby sweater. it's really futher than that b/c i've done the yoke and i'm working on the placket part now... i'm loving this pattern. it just goes to show those books i own have really good patterns in them i just have to make them! LOL next stop... i think i may make the hourglass sweater pattern from the same book. i have this great grey yarn that will look sooo pretty in that pattern. but first i've got to get my sock pal socks started and kicking before i start another project. or so i keep telling myself. i'm still trying to figure out if i should knit the socks toe up or cuff down. the pattern is cuff down the but i like toe up. so what do you think?
this weekend was awesome, My friends Kelly and Pam came to visit along with family's minus pam's hubby. here's a pix of everyone in the hot tub at the hotel.. that was good fun! here's the booty and her buddy. they're 2 weeks apart and we've already promised them to each other. hey a girl and her friend can wish can't we. what more could we want to get along with the inlaws...LOL last time we were together this is them..... aww how they grow. and look at the girls... how big did they get? just look at how grown up our babies are.
well all and all it was a great weekend. and all the pix we took we forgot to take a pix of us 3 UGH next time i guess.

5 comments:

april @ faraboverubies said...

hi~ thanks for mentioning my blog! I've had the Flore hat pattern for a while but haven't had the nerve to try it until now. The little sweetie Bethany is actually my niece, but she is a cutie, huh? I enjoy your blog!
April

Pamela Foreman said...

Wow! I can't believe how they have grown up!! I had so much fun visiting with you guys! I miss you already!!!

jessica said...

I absoutly LOVE that hat... When Joe gets home I'm going to ask if I can buy it... My fingers are crossed;o) I'm glad you all had a good time! Did they enjoy the meal? btw I'll e-mail the recipie a little bit later, after I get my blog on. hehe Those kiddos sure did grow up, they don't look like babies anymore:( ttyl!

Amy Lu said...

You're making great progress on the sweater! I started one a couple of weeks ago. I think it will be perfect after all this fair isle!

Your baby is getting bigger, but she's still an absolutely adorable little chunk! I wish my babies were still small!!! (sometimes :-) )

Catherine Kerth said...

way cute hat! i love it.... the babies have grown up so fast... seems like brandon was just an infant now he will be two in may!