Sunday, April 22, 2007

Two of the Best things ever invented!

I'm talking coffee and knitting! together they're the dynamic duo! I joined the knitter's coffee swap and we're getting our partners soon! I'm so excited. I really don't know how I missed it last time but i did. But I've been waiting for it.. anyways I wanted to share with you my fave coffee mug. It's the one I always grab first. I like it b/c it's blue inside and white on the outside. I also like the butterfly that is trying to make it's way to the top of the mug. My mom gave me the mug. (she sells mary kay so if you need the hook up click mom and it will take you to her website!)
In fact right now while I'm using it. I'm also trying a new coffee out that I got the other day. Surprisingly it's really good. I have to admit I'm kinda a coffee snob. Most of the coffee you can get at local supermarkets and such are OK in a pinch but really I enjoy and prefer the better stuff. and by better I mean fresh roasted and quality beans. Anyways it was on the shelf at good old wally world next to the Starbucks coffee. I liked the look and thought it would be nice to try and see if it's good. I was pleasantly surprised! This one is good and had a nice floral taste at the end. OK anyways now I'll answer my questions for my KCS partner.
1. Whole bean or ground? i def like whole bean the best! but pre-ground doesn't bother me.
2. Fully-loaded or decaf? Fully Loaded, what's the point of decaf?? really!!
3. Regular or flavored? I prefer regular blends more than flavor b/c I'm really picky about the flavors.
4. How do you drink your coffee? I drink my first cup of coffee with some raw sugar and some low fat creamer (the liquid kind) after that I add coffee and just cream.
5. Favorite coffee ever? I love to get my coffee from the California coffee roasters. after I order they roast it and then send it off so when I get it YUM. I can still see the natural oils on the beans from the roasting. The smell is to DIE for! my fave of all fave's is their Moka Java Their house blend is good too.
6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? I'm kinda picky, while I don't mind trying new things, I do like the better quality beans. (IE no millstone or eight o'clock coffee etc) so if it's like a local roaster place or your fave place to get coffee from or whatever that sounds wonderful!

7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? I do like a good biscotti and chocolate covered espresso beans. I also like Dove's dark Chocolate I do love treats but I'm working on losing weight so having snacks around aren't the best thing. soooo.. if you wanna pass on the treats and go for another bag of coffee I'd be tickled pink!
8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? Um I love coffee?? Oh i don't like most nut flavored coffee b/c it tastes funny and kinda moldy. Also i love chocolate but HATE chocolate flavored coffee it just tastes funny and gives me a headache! (did I mention I'm picky?)
9. Yarn/fiber you love? I like most of it as long as it's soft enough to touch to your face. Unless it's wool then it doesn't matter b/c I'll used it regardless. I do like acrylic! lets face it's cheaper and machine washable and with my kids...well let's just say it's easier. But i do like higher quality fiber too..esp if I'm knitting socks and other stuff for myself.
10. Yarn/fiber you hate? I hate red heart super saver and anything as scratchy/squeaky.
11. What's on your needles? UMM (blush) a pair of socks I'm making for myself going on 2 years.. they just get put on the back burner.. sigh. I have a toddler wrap sweater I'm working on for my littlest. I have a pair of slipper socks I've been working on for myself and yup you guessed it, they're on the back burner too. I also crochet so I have a great baby gift I'm working on that I won't spill about b/c it's for my sister and she reads this blog and I'm not going to spoil it.. LOL I also have an amigurumi Elephant I'm planning on starting tonight. Also an afghan/UFO that I'm debating taking apart and starting something different with the yarn. I'm sure there are more projects but I can't think of them at this moment. yeah I have start-i-tus.
12. Favorite colors? All the colors of the rainbow and then some! I don't like pastels though. I'm a bright and vibrant soul and love those kinds of colors. but I'm also really drawn to earthy colors too! Oxymoron? you decide! I really love a dark brown with blue or bright pink. Or greens and pink or purple. oh and i love lime green paired with different colors like dark blue or a mud brown the possibilities are endless!
13. Allergies? Nope PTL! though i have a great sniffer so smoking isn't great but it's deal able.
14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? Have I mentioned I love original neat and totally cool mugs?!?!? One day I'd love to open a coffee shop and have each mug be different! Oh and the more coffee they hold the better! LOL heck an IV would work wonders! LOL j/k I love to sip coffee and savor it! I'm not a huge fiber snob at all. I'm a practical person so I knit/crochet things that are useful. I don't like doilies, b/c I'm not super girly. No TP covers or tissue covers anything that people think of when they hear crochet and think grandma-ish.
I'm kinda nervous about this exchange b/c the last couple of exchanges I've done I got a little "burned" shall we say. I put together this great package thinking of my partner(s) and what they told me and sent it off and then heard nothing else from them. No thank you or even a mention on the blog. SIGH.. then I've also gotten some where they don't read my surveys/questions so that's always a bummer. OK that's it I think. Sorry to bore ya'll. I can't wait to spoil someone!


I'm chaning my blog template btw so bear with me!

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Hi Allena, thanks for coming by my site today. I couldn't find an email so I'll answer your questions here. I see that you also have a garlic chicken recipe below. Yumm, I'll be trying that out.

I'm very interested in the greek twist to 40 clove garlic recipe. Looking forward to it. So go for it, a little link back would be appreciated. I can hardly wait to read the what you're changing up!