Tuesday, January 8, 2008

70 Degrees today

Today was unusually warm here in J-town. So we went to the park to play. The girls really enjoyed it. I think they've been feeling cooped up lately so this warm weather was much appreciated. Though it was weird b/c it still got dark around 5 so we had didn't get to play as long as we do in the summer. My pix of the day was right after Beady climbed up the ladder all by herself. (of course I stood behind her to catch if anything should happen) I also took some photos of them sliding down the slides which, they got a kick out of. When we came home they demanded to see the pix I took and then proceeded to laugh very hard at each of the photos.
Today I'm a bit tired. Actually I have been for a while now. So I'm trying to remember to take my vitamins. I'm really bad at remembering those types of things. Though I think that my tired-ness is from emotional things. I mainly loose sleep over my job these days. But we're not going to talk about that today.
My photo of the day for yesterday and the day before are FO's! NOTE to my Sister: You may look at these next photos but you may not tell, show or speak of them to your kids.
You may however, gush about them in the comments of this blog. (wink wink)
So Yesterday we have an amigurumi penguin. Isn't he cute? I changed the wings b/c I wanted them to look like wings not discs. I also didn't add the feet. So this cutie ball like toy, is for my niece. The girls really liked it and kept asking who it was for. I guess I'll just have to make some for them. WHOO HOO! I love ami's! I used red heart soft yarn and found the pattern here. I'm not sure about that yarn, but it's good for kids b/c it's machine washable so you don't have to worry about stains etc.
For my nephew I made some alien finger puppets. This pattern is in the Crochet Today Jan/Feb 08 go get the
magazine today! It's by Regina Rioux Gonzalez, her blog is Monster Crochet. I heart her designs, they crack me up. The pattern also has another puppet but I didn't make it b/c my nephew only has 5 fingers on a hand, as do most boys. So I figured 5 finger puppets won't overwhelm him. Though he's a pretty smart kiddo. You can look at more of my photos here. I think my fave is the one-eyed octopus.
I only have 3 more Christmas presents to finish then I can start my Secret Prayer Swap Socks and my Hello Kitty KAL...
I must apologize to you non-ravelry people out there, a lot of those links are to Ravelry things... so go ahead what are you waiting for? Join already!

3 comments:

Raven Maiden said...

Hello fellow J-towner! Wasn't the heat wave AWESOME??? I'm new on ravelry and searched out people in my area. I see you teach knitting! Where!?!?!?! I've managed to get a "scarf" started... first time knitting, self taught... and i think it's about 4 inches in about 2 months! LOL!! just wanted to say HI!!

jessica said...

Hey! I just pulled up bloglines and Leah was on my lap Luckily my eyes went right to the bold print... so I quickly rushed her out of the room:O) Those are soo cute!I know they will love them! I'm still working on your girls pressents too...

Life's a Stitch said...

The penguin is adorable!
Li