Monday, March 31, 2008

Craziness!

My life has been crazy lately. It all started with Easter weekend and visiting my parents at my Grandma's house. We had a lot of fun. My cousin brought his Wii so we played some bowling, minus the smokey atmosphere and too small finger holes it was really fun!
We came home on Monday and started getting ready for my friend Pam to come into town. She arrived on Tuesday and let me play with her new Iphone. (can you say green with envy?) I took a photo of my blog (and my ravelry) on her Iphone, it's pretty cool. so now there's a Photo of Star Knits on the Iphone on Starknits. It's the small things that excite me I guess.
My daughter had school last week so we had to stay around the house. Wednesday it was really nice out, but a little chilly, so we bundled the kiddos up and took them to the park. They really enjoyed the merry-go-round. Round and round they went, I'm surprised they didn't puke. we had to keep telling the little ones to hold on b/c they got excited and kept standing up. And I really didn't want to see little girls flying off of that thing.
It was a pretty mellow week, but the kids did get a little crazy. Partly I think due to the fact it was cold and rainy most of the week (besides Wednesday). I really miss Pam and I know the kids miss each other, so it was really great to just chill with them. Thursday we had pizza and a movie. I stuck in Enchanted (the bub got it for Easter in her basket) and snapped a photo while they were all entranced by the movie. It was one of the only times they weren't running around like crazy persons. (PTL for movie breaks)
Friday was my LYS's knitting night out. I was able to find a babysitter willing to watch all 6 kiddos for 4 hours. It was lovely to go and knit and not worry about kids running around. I had a lot of fun. I think Pam enjoyed it too. Though it's a little different from her knitting nights, they just take over Barnes and Nobel's cafe and knit every week. my LYS only has knitting night once a month, but there's wonderful food and atmosphere involved, so it's all good.
Sadly, Pam and her friends had to leave Saturday morning. We'd stayed up till 3 AM Friday just chatting and trying to make it last. it was fun but we all were tired Saturday so as a family we all chilled and even took a nap. sometimes you just need to lay around. I know we haven't done that in a long long time. Saturday was also spent working on my Secret Prayer Sock Swap Socks. I'm not going to make my Tuesday deadline but I'm positive I'll finish them this week! I'm writing the pattern so I'll be sharing via ravelry once I'm done.
Sunday we went to a friend's house and they made my DH a cake. B/c Wednesday is my DH's 30th! it was sooo good! Laura, she's really good at decorating cakes. It was wonderful, she's sending me a photo before cutting and eating. like a good project365er, I forgot my camera and wasn't able to take a photo till we got home.. sorry about that.
I'm also really got at posting more often too aren't I?

2 comments:

jessica said...

Yum that cake looks wonderful! looks like you guys had a good visit... with everyone! good luck on your socks... is that the one I'm going to test?!

Trish said...

The socks look beautiful! I love the colors and the striped, stranded look! I can't wait until I am able to knit socks.