Yum Yum, I made breakfast this morning. I'm a member of Knit 'n Bake over at Ravelry. I happened upon a post about scones and it made me flash back to Thanksgiving 2 years ago. My family got together at a cabin(used loosely) up in MD. Well my Aunt made these Delicious scones that everyone gobbled up. and I forgot to get the recipe from her... So anyways while reading the above mentioned forum I started getting hungry. I put it off till this morning where I whipped up some scones. I smooshed a few recipes (found at allrecipes) together and made my own scone recipe up. So I decided to share it with you! In fact I'm eating one right now. (they're great as a snack too!)
Cranberry Nut Scones
1 C all purpose flour
1 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C sour cream
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 stick of butter
1/2 C chopped pecans
2/3 C dried cranberries
1. preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. cream butter, sugar, sour cream and egg.
3. add vanilla, baking powder, soda, salt cinnamon and flours. Don't over mix
4. add pecans and cranberries until they are just mixed in.
5. it should be a clumpy mess dump it out on a floured surface.
6. pat into about an 8 inch circle 3/4 inch thick
7. cut into 8 pieces and place pieces on baking sheet 1 inch apart.
8. sprinkle tops with sugar
9. bake 15-18 min until golden brown.
if you make these LMK!