In an attempt to be more of a regular blogger again I've decided to start doing Friday's Fave Five along with Living to tell the Story. That means at least on Friday's you'll be hearing from me. (hopefully!) and I'll be recapping the week.
1. I love my job teaching knitting and crochet. I meet so many wonderful people and I have a lot of fun doing it. Every day I have a class is a good day! This past weekend some of my Thursday night knitters and I went to Pittsburgh on a yarn store tour. it was a lot of fun and I came home with some glorious yarn that I've been petting all week. it's so soft and pretty. and the pattern book has at least 5 if not 6 patterns in it that I will make.
2. Great Food For All. with everyone watching their pennies these days this organization is helping out. You can order a box of food for a low price of $30 and you get about $50-$80 worth of food. so it cuts down your grocery bill a lot. Anyone can do it you just have to order it. Even better is their website, I wasn't able to go into the church, downtown, to order this week so I was able to order online.
3. Our church hosts a MOPs that I've recently started attending and helping out with. This week was the 10th annv. of the Johnstown area Mops so we had a "birthday" celebration. everyone learned to make/decorate cakes. Mine turned out very rustic but now I know how to decorate a cake. MOPs is a lot of fun and I really enjoy going.
4. Ravelry. I love that website. It really connects people who knit, crochet, spin, and so much more. Specifically: the HPHC it motivates me to get my projects done and not just have outstanding knitting or crochet projects hanging around the house. if you knit or crochet and you haven't signed up... what are you waiting for?
5. Koolaid, it's not just for drinking! I was talking to my mom earlier this week and she said she'd like some purple sock yarn to knit some socks. I told her I probably had some so not to buy any and then I looked at my sock yarn basket. I had a lime green skein and a berry blue skein of yarn. so I put them in a pot with about 8 packets of grape, and I got a lovely royal purple for my mom and an olive green for me.