Thursday, May 17, 2007

Do You Know the Muffin Man?

Thursday, I baked some bread. The recipe my sister gave me. I tried the whole wheat recipe.
I had to cut down the recipe into 4ths so that it would work at home. still I came out with about the equivalent of 4 loaves. One i actually put in a loaf pan, then the other I rolled into balls and put into muffin pans so that i could make the pull-apart bread Jessica showed on her blog not to long ago. then I took what was left and formed a "fat football" type of loaf. it tripled in size so I think that next time I make this (and I will) I'll divide that one up also.
The bread came out wonderful and is super moist and wonderful flavor. The pull apart bread came out wonderfully!
Note to Self: When baking bread please make sure you're not also watching the season finale of Smallville...
As you can tell the other two loaves of bread are a little dark, but actually it really pulled a little more flavor out. Even my DH ate some. and if you know him he doesn't like whole wheat anything. I also haven't really told him about the bread being whole wheat..LOL
So this recipe was great and I can't wait to try the other recipes she sent me.

A couple of days ago I was tagged by Amy Lu for the 7 random things meme. now normally I don't do meme's but I enjoyed reading everyone else's sooo... here ya go....
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write their own blog with their 7 things as well as these rules. You need to tag 7 others and list their names on your blog. Remember to leave a comment for them letting them know they have been tagged and to read your blog.
so here we go...
these are in random order too..

1. I love to watch the sci fi channel for the movies they showcase.. or even just show. the lower the budget the better, they crack me UP! some of them are good and scare the crap outta me and I don't want to turn the lights off and go to bed, but mostly I'm crying with laughter. My husband thinks I'm bonkers and is like why are you watching this crap? I can't help it.

2. knit and crochet are two of my passions. OK that's no secret but really how can it be you think with all the yarn and hooks and needles laying around but still I don't think my family (DH or In laws) really know how much it means to me. I don't know why but I always ask for a trip to a LYS (like for my b-day in Jan) and I've yet to get it.. like for mothers day I wanted breakfast in bed and something the girls made me and a trip to this LYS. I got a lovely bracelet and earrings made by the girls and we went to olive garden for lunch....nothing fiber related. Depressing isn't it?

3. I'm lonely. And I miss my family terribly. I really am having a hard time living here.

4. Coke is the best. I prefer it over Pepsi and that seems to be the soda of choice around here. I can make due with wild cherry Pepsi but I always savor the flavor when I find Coke on tap (which is few and far btwn) it's the best that way.

5. I have Hodgkin's Lymphoma that has been in remission for 10 years now! PTL

6. I don't like dogs. I haven't since I was about 8 or so. (flashback) My family was visiting my grandparents in MD. They owned a farm and had this wonderful dog named Lady. she was really nice and wonderful with us kids. She had a pup named Killer. And he definitely lived up to his name. He used to chase the mailman and bite people on bikes. He was horrible. I'm not really sure why my Grandfather kept the dog around. I think maybe b/c he truly loved animals and couldn't bear to put it down. anyways we were in the barn my grandfather was milking the cows. and we kids were playing in the hay that was piled up. We liked to climb all over the bales of hay b/c they formed mazes and fun little rooms that we could play in. I was coming down from playing as it was time to go, and I ended up in one of those fun rooms. Only now it wasn't so fun the only way out was past Killer. I started to tiptoe past him b/c I didn't want to disturb him. Somehow I must have b/c the next thing I know he's growling and baring his teeth at me and has me cornered. I'm surprised he didn't attack me. I was crying and finally someone came to my rescue, I don't remember who. Shortly after that we never saw Killer again. I think my grandfather had him put down b/c no one messes with the grandchildren! I can make jokes about it now but really it was scary and traumatizing. so that's why I'm a cat person.

7. I love to play soccer, though i really don't watch pro soccer on the TV. I hope to join an adult team, after i lose most of my weight.

OK that's it.. now who do i tag? I'm not sure.. let's see.
Kelly
Pam
Megan
OK I'm out of people, at least people who didn't already do this one... sigh.

Knit on people!